Friday, June 26, 2009

Closet Collections - Sean Crowley







Today I'm happy to premier Closet Collections: an intimate look into some of my favorite menswear designers' personal closets. I'm proud to kick it off with Sean Crowley, Rugby's own tie designer and man-about-town. As you can see from the images above, Sean's collection extends way past his closet. He couldn't have been nicer about showing me around his amazing Brooklyn brownstone. The hallmark of it all was his unbelievable tie rack. It's easy to see where he gets inspiration for some of our own ties. A particularly good selection of them are on sale now at Rugby so do yourself a favor and check out Sean's amazing handywork.

12 comments:

Jose said...

I'm also blown away by his scarf collection. Impressive.

Dale P.L. Chadwick said...

Brilliant. I hope that this is one in a slew of intimate interviews.

Marcellus said...

Wow--what a collection. I particularly dig that top row of bow ties.

Marcellus

Cristoffer said...

Great blog!

uwsclotheshorse said...

quick question, do you have any idea roughly how large that tie rack is. it seems like it could be several feet wide and deep or much smaller. do you have any rough estimates of its size

Anonymous said...

Any idea what Sean uses in his hair? That pom/whatever it is looks ideal.

-mike
mm7074@hws.edu

John M said...

that's a lot of ties!!!

Paul Pincus said...

loved this.

more closet collections please!?

Sean said...

The Rep tie collection is really cool...I wish this old history teacher had the finances to replicate it.

Ramalhoni said...

WOooowwwww Amazing colection !!!!!!!! ..... I could only wish for one tenth of them !!....;)))))

mistermidwester said...

I just wept a little.

It's so. Beautiful.

I am jealous.

Angelwynxx said...

I can't believe your site would be so mind blowing. This is a very cool blog! Nice ties!