Tuesday, January 6, 2009

the proper way to hang pants


What your clothing should be hung from


I'm willing to bet that most of the people who find their way to this weblog hang their jackets and shirts on wooden hangers.  We care too much about our clothes not to.  But do you all use trouser clamps to hang your pants?  If not, you should.  Hanging your pants with trouser clamps from the cuff is the best way to keep them wrinkle free as the weight of the waistband acts as a continuous gravitational iron.  Right now I've got some cheap plastic ones a bought from IKEA that I've been looking to replace.  Today, while browsing A Suitable Wardrobe, I saw a link to The Hanger Project which offers a nice, albeit pricey solution to my problem.  We'll see if I pull the trigger.

1 comment:

Ahmed Taha said...

I have similar ones to the bottom clamp hanger in te picture, but wooden; bought them at Ikea a while ago.