Wednesday, January 14, 2009

ebay is forcing me to clear out the closet


My most recent ebay find is the Michael Bastian DB Prince of Whales plaid cashmere topcoat you see pictured above.  The inspiration for the rigg here goes to Derrick Miller of Barker Black.  About a month ago I was at the grocer's when I saw him wearing a charcoal herringbone three button peak topcoat, navy pin suit, light blue gingham spread, black skull and bones tie, and those killer brown calf/suede spectators of his.  The jolt of inspiration he gave me has considerably lightened the wallet so to help pay for it I'm clearing out my closet and placing some of my late greats up for auction on ebay.  Items will include my italian woolrich arctic parka, my barbour bedale jacket, Michael Bastian shirting, a few great blazers and a ton of ties from brooks brothers and vineyard vines.  I will be posting the links to these sales as I place them at auction.   Feel free to check them out and bid!  Here's a teaser for the stuff to come.

woolrich john rich & bros. artic parka, size small
olive polo ralph lauren hacking jacket, size 40R

blue striped michael bastian button down shirt, euro size 42

2 comments:

John M said...

love the blog! the DB topcoat looks incredible, congrats on the find.

Anonymous said...

Hey Man--
I'm glad that topcoat found a good home. Great blog.
Michael Bastian