Tuesday, December 30, 2008

On the List - DelToro Velvet Slippers



I want to like velvet slippers.  It seems that most people I respect around the workplace have them in their closet.  They make for great formal shoes but most of the versions I've seen have crazy embroideries or monograms that are not my own.  I've always wondered why someone would want to promote somebody other than themselves by wearing a logo or another person's initials.  

Today I discovered DelToro Shoes which produces a clean, plain black velvet slipper for $120.  For a small additional fee they also do custom monograms and embroideries so that you can advertise yourself, not Ralph. 

5 comments:

GAi said...

$120 , not bad at all..
I was thinking the same thing in regards to the RL on the shoes...
good find enzo!
gai@astorandblack.com

James said...

love the blog, love the shoes. just one thing... can't find the small additional fee to get the personal monogram. do you have prices, more info? I guess I will call

Enzo AGC said...

Its not on the website, you've got to call to get it

Ali.Kronz said...

The price of the black velvet slippers is $255 pretty pricey for a brand I have never heard of. Has anyone been able to locate a similar style of loafer for a price under $200 I would hate to buy these and not love them as they will be my first pair and I know I will seldom wear them!

Enzo AGC said...

Ali - Note the time stamp. I wrote this in 2008. The pricing has changed.

Also - try to find velvet slippers for under $200. I dare you.