Friday, June 6, 2008

Boatnecks, Take Ivy, & an OG AGC



A Continuous lean recently posted new scans from "Take Ivy," a book about one Japanese photographer's take on the Ivy league in the late sixties. My father attended one of these schools around the same time and I half expected to catch him running to class or chatting up a girl in the background. The gent in photo above could be my father with his varsity boatneck letter sweater and button down, only Pop would never have worn socks with weejuns.

These photos are inspiring to me because they remind me of the man who's style has not only helped to define my own but also made me want to shape others'. Later today I'll post some scans of my father's senior yearbook as an ode to the person who is responsible for my chosen career path. Here's a teaser.


No comments: